Careers at Retrofoam
of the carolinas
Injection Foam Technician
Our team is looking for bright team members to join our crews. Our crew members are the best in the business, and we ought to know! We trained them!
Working for RetroFoam of the Carolinas as an Injection Foam Technician isn’t just labor; this is building science. You will learn every aspect of the building trades with hands-on, patient crew members leading the way. Once you learn a skill, we increase your pay and prepare you for more!
The insulation installer will be part of a crew insulating homes and pole barns in and around central and western North Carolina. No two days are the same on a crew, but you will play an integral role in the team performing various tasks installing this revolutionary in-wall injection foam.
We are a fun, energetic team.
Injection Foam Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Help prep, install and clean up spray and injection foam insulation projects.
- Remove and dispose of old insulation materials.
- Work is both inside and outside.
- Other duties as needed.
Injection Foam Technician Skills and Qualifications
- Team player who goes above and beyond for the good of the team.
- Excellent communication with the team.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Strong attention to the small details.
- Customer service focused while treating each home with the highest respect.
- Strong work ethic with a hunger to quickly learn new skills.
- Not afraid to be on ladders or crawling around in dirty, tight, and uncomfortable spaces.
- Reliable and dependable.
Injection Foam Technician Experience Requirements
- No previous experience is required as an insulation installer since you will perform ALL training on-site.
- Work experience in the construction or home improvement industry is desired (windows, roofing, carpentry, etc).
What Does A Typical Day Look Like as an Injection Foam Technician?
No two days are the same! But, there will be a few things that remain consistent day to day- Injection Technicians report to our office in Lincolnton, NC, early in the morning and meet with their foreman. They load their trailer with all of their foam-making equipment inside and head out for the job. Once on the job, the crew works together to gently remove a band of siding or drill small holes in the mortar joints as the case may be. The foreman will then inject the foam into the wall cavities, and the crew will reassemble the siding or grout the mortar joints. The crew will then wash down the home, and the debris picked up. Before leaving, the foreman will walk the installation area with the homeowner and answer any questions they might have.
If you have siding or framing experience, it’s a help. But if you’re just a happy, hard-working individual that loves to learn and wants to be a part of a team, that’s enough, and we will help you with the rest.
- We pay on a day rate because sometimes the days are short, and sometimes the days are long.
- After 90 days, you will qualify for our health insurance. RetroFoam will provide coverage for you. As you advance with the company, we pick up more and more of your family’s insurance coverage.
- You’ll receive paid days off, including your birthday, holidays, and vacations. Enjoy your family.